The imagination is so delicate that sometimes even words wound it

Monday, July 27, 2009

There's always tomorrow

I really should finish that report... but there's always tomorrow. I need to start working out more often... but there's always tomorrow. I really should return her phone call... but there's always tomorrow.

There's always tomorrow. And that is precisely the problem. If you put something off until tomorrow, guess what? There will always be another tomorrow, and another and another, ready and waiting for you to continue procrastinating.

While there is always another tomorrow, there will never be another opportunity to make the most of today. Once today is over, it is history. No amount of regret or sorrow or excuses will change it.

Today becomes a done deal in just a few hours. Right now is your golden opportunity to make it count.

6 inspired and motivated:

Haris Gulzar said...

Why do today what you can do tomorrow :-P. Well sometimes tomorrow is actually the right time to do things. No really! At times you first have to watch what step others take before you can even think about starting your piece of work (thats probably trying to be too smart), but it isnt also advisable to do today what you can (and probably should) do tomorrow...

But I really have to say, it is yet again an inspirational post. Are there any alternate words to saying "Keep up the good work!", coz I always say those same words...

Anonymous said...

Wow ! This is my biggest problem, leaving everything till tomorrow. Especially when it comes to studying for exams :p Wonderful post, inspiring !! :)

Americanising Desi said...

well i m not sharing my words :)
these are words or someone else i too am inspired by :)

Usha said...

I am diagnosed with chronic procrastination:s
Thanks for sharing AD :D

Anonymous said...

I learnt a very cruel lesson in my final year at university. I procrastinated before my final exams, took it easy. I always crammed last minute - I cant study without pressure... but this time I took it too far.

As a result, I stayed up almost 2 days straight before my last exam (not a wink of sleep), went to the exam, could answer only one question, walked out after 20 minutes.

I got 18/100 - which was 100% for the question that I answered, but more importantly - I missed a higher degree classification by 1% (or 42 more marks - which I could have easily got!). Since that day, there is NO tomorrow!

Rahul Jain said...

I'm having exam on monday.. yet I don't know the subject.. because there's always tomorrow..

Post a Comment