The imagination is so delicate that sometimes even words wound it

Monday, June 22, 2009

Q of the day

Has a fictional character ever given you an epiphany that helped in real life?

2 inspired and motivated:

Anonymous said...

Not quite a fictional character, but the footballer Eric Cantona pops up in my head from time to time - kicking me and says "You play to fight the idea of losing".

Cantona was French, so he was naturally arrogant. He was also supremely skilled, and when he came back after a 9 month ban from football, he produced magic which people talk about even today.

The guy is a modern philosopher, not necessarily in words, but in his actions. When I feel lost, I remember his quote - it re-invigorates me, and I try and get back in the game!

Americanising Desi said...

oho!
how inspiring!

Post a Comment